This is a back to basics guide, worth a reminder in our ever busy lives.
- Prepare a brief and send it a day/two prior to the meeting, ensuring all attendees have read it and are prepared
- Invite those who really need to be there to contribute and not for political reasons.
- Have a structured agenda to prevent digression.
- Prep the room with stimulus (imagery, data, chocolates, etc) to support an ideation session.
- Take notes.
- Agree on the best case/worst case output before the start and chances are you will end up with a structure of a deliverable solution by the time you end the meeting.
- Acknowledge participants’ contribution and circulate notes/owners to ensure progression and accountability.